Sunday, December 6, 2009

Festival of Lights

Last night Jonathan and I went to Auburn to attend the Festival of Lights Parade. Apparently, it is a really big deal for the locals to all come out and begin their holiday season with these festivities. We got there early and staked out our spot and then did some sight seeing.

We found a real record store on our walk! I was so excited to see their Christmas album display int he window!















Then we went to dinner at an awesome bar and grill in downtown Auburn. I wish I could remember the name of the place, but I am sure we will go back some day. Great food, awesome drinks, and a nice atmosphere.

Then we were off to watch the parade. I don't know who this guy is, but we sat next to him and I just HAD to get a picture of him, since I really don't think this smile EVER came off his face the whole parade.















Jonathan was like a little kid himself. He waved at all the people waving from the floats and yelled out Merry Christmas when they passed. It was so cute! This photo came out blurry, but I love that you can tell how excited he was.















Then there were the floats. This was my favorite.






















This was Jonathan's. They were marchers in front of their float, and who can resist a lit up Boba Fett, Darth Vader, and all the Storm troopers?











































And the real reason why we went was to see Samantha in the parade. She was with her 4H group riding on the float that they made. Here she is (with Jacqueline and Hannah too!)...















And their float...















And what Christmas parade would be complete without Santa!















If you get a chance to go out next year, I would highly recommend it. It was a really fun time with a great community and we were still home before 8!

No comments: