Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2010 To "Do" List - Learn Something New, Week #4

Ok, I'm slow to post, but I actually have been on the ball with keeping up with my 2010 To "Do" list. So in week 4, I conquered my desire to learn how to use this monster...























Ok, so it's not really a monster, but I've had it for two years and it's stayed in the closet the whole time, so it could double for a monster lately. But I decided to dust it off for a trip to Joann's for a basic sewing class. I've sewed before as a kid, but my mom set everything up and all I had to do was stitch, so I've been lost when it comes to trying it on my own. Thankfully, the lady that taught the class helped fixed my machine too.... I guess the lack of use got a little too overwhelming for the machine or something. By the end of the night, I was officially sewing with my machine and had created this darling little bag...






















Now, I have my monster sitting on a table in our office... and if I am hoping if I just keep it out of the closet for a while, it doesn't just become part of the decor and I will actually make something with it eventually!

No comments: