What We Did:
01. Pool Party at Mae-Mae and Papa’s for the Bond’s visit 03. My first day back in school to finish my Bachelor’s 08. Checked out a pre-school in Rocklin that was having a family day and then off to wine tasting for Jonathan and I 22. Bicycle Shopping then off to Mae-Mae and Papa’s again for some swimming. This time David actually swam back and forth between us! 23. Yolo County Fair 30. Roller Derby!
Ray Donovan on Cable. We initially watched a few episodes of the first season but lost track with all the other great shows on at the time. This summer we have caught back up and love it!
The Harlow Hoyden by Lynn Messina – First of all, love the name! Second of all, I love classic fiction. Jane Austen is my favorite author and I have read all of her books several times over. I have always been disappointed that she did not write more. So Messina uses that genre and writes romances of that time period with a little bit more of a modern day spin. Like female characters who are fearless and smart. I*t was a cute book and a quick read. I think I will read more of her work when I am the mood for some Victorian romance!
I bought a new album this month after hearing one of the songs on the radio and have really loved it. It’s a self-titled album by Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats. A little bluesy. A little southern. But a lot of fun!
At the grocery store, I picked up chocolate waffles and handed the box to David. D with a giant smile says: “Chocolate!!!!” then he puts the box to his cheek and hugs it and continues “I love you, chocolate.”
· Driving to daycare in the morning, slowing down for a yellow light, I hear from the backseat: “Mommy, it’s orange, you supposed to go real fast!”
· At the dollar store getting David a butterfly net, the clerk says: “Oh cool, a net. What are you going to catch with it?” David looks him straight in the eye and tells him “Elephants!”
· Jonathan was chasing D around the house trying to get his balloon. When I joined in, David said “No Mommy, you’re the good one!” I will probably never live that one down!
· Conversation at the dinner table:
D: If I rock in the chair, I fall down, I get a big owie and I cry and I have to go to ossipillo.
J: The hospital?
D. Yeah, hospillow… osspillow….hos…The doctor.