Sunday, January 10, 2016

The History Project

I took The History Project class with Kerri Bradford a couple of years ago and have absolutely loved it! You can read more about it HERE.  I have used her prompts to journal some of my ow history, but also used them recently to record the history of my mom and my father-in-law. I plan to do the same with my dad, step mom, and mother-in-law soon as well. My hope is to get a video together with photo slide shows to accompany the recordings and give them out to other family members.

But in the meantime, I also want to continue to work on my own story! I had decided to just let the project be whatever it inspired in me. Although she teaches the class in a composition type notebook for a journal, I felt more inspired to create scrapbook pages for my stories.

I had a very productive New Years weekend last week and was able to get a few of the layouts done. (finally!) These have been a work in progress for over a year (or maybe even two if you count when I first took the class and completed the journaling). But no matter, they are DONE!

And here they are:

All about my love for movies and books. The movies Silhouette file was created by Kerry and comes with the class and I created the Books cut file to try and match as close as possible in order to make this a two-page layout.


















I love love love how this one turned out about the toys and game I played as a kid. The games cut file was from Kerri as part of the class and I used the Toys cut file from the Silhouette Design store


















And finally, a page about Scary moments I have experienced. This was an all journaling page with no photos, which is an interesting change for me, but it has so much more detail about my history than any photo could show, so I really like it. The Scary cut file is from the Silhouette Design Store.



















Did I mention I love this project!

4 comments:

Dottie Pennington said...

I am a scrapbooker also. I am working on "Before Your Story." a class with Jennifer Wilson about your life before your spouse or children. I also signed up to take this History Class several years ago also. I like what you have done. You have inspired me to add the history pieces to my BYS. I actually refer to my album as Me Before You.
Thanks so much for sharing.

Monique1971 said...

Looks great, thank you so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Looks great. What program do you use to create your pages? I am currently taking the class but I am having a hard time figuring out what format. I'd also like to use a digital format but would like to print. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

Looks great. What program do you use to create your pages? I am currently taking the class but I am having a hard time figuring out what format. I'd also like to use a digital format but would like to print. Any suggestions?