Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Creative re-invention....

Every couple of years I go through this need to change things up with my creative process. One year I did all digital layouts. One year I did all 8 1/2 x 11 hybrid. One year I did weekly Project Life. The next few years were monthly PL and I did some traditional layouts here and there. Last year was back to weekly but all in the Project Life app. This year I have stayed in the app for Project Life, which is still working for me, but around the time I started considering going to Story Camp, I started feeling like I needed change. Like something was missing. And I really started paying attention to what Ali Edwards was saying in the plethora of classes and story kits I had subscribed to, and even listened to or read through and never really heard. I was missing my story. Sure it's interspersed in some of my layouts and in Project Life but the real nitty gritty, the stuff I would talk about with my friends and family, the stuff I really want to remember, was few and far between. So I decided to start writing some of those stories down. That turned into the makings of a 6x8 album which I already have about 20 pages for (and counting!)
But I am also considering how this will change my Project Life scrapping in the future. I feel like I need to document with more intent. Take photos with intent. Write down stories with intent. Spend my day with intent. Maybe if I do that, I will start to see those things that I have been missing. Those things that I never documented before and maybe never really appreciated because they were outside of the scope of what I was already used to seeing. But now if I look with intent, maybe new things will be visible and that's just the change I need in my creative process this time around. I usually wait until the new year to start a new creative process, but maybe this is something that losing two dear friends in the last year has taught me. Life is short. Don't wait. Start now!

No comments: