Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010 To "Do" List - Read More

I finished this book last week...














Not a classic novel, so it really shouldn't count as part of my to "Do" List, but it did get me back in to the reading every day mode. I saw the movie on Christmas Eve (yeah - a real FUN movie to watch for the holidays!) and decided to read the book after Christmas to see how different it truly was. I used my handy Kindle app on my new iTouch and read the whole book from there! One of the features of the Kindle app is that you can highlight some of your favorite quotes to refer to later. So here are some of mine...

"A photo says, You were happy, and I wanted to catch that. A photo says, You were so important to me that I put down everything else to come and watch." - From a photographer's standpoint, I LOVED this quote!

"The human capacity for burden is like bamboo - far more flexible than you'd believe at first glance."

"And the very act of living is a tide; at first it seems to make no difference at all, and then one day you look down and see how much has eroded."

There were more that I liked, but I didn't learn to use the highlight function until about halfway through the book! Ooops. Now I am working on one of my classic novels. Not sure what to think yet since I don't really like the lead female character. We'll see how this one turns out.

No comments: