Monday, January 9, 2012

Hello 2012!

Wow! Not a single post in 2011! Life ended up being a little busy, but little did I know how much more busy it could get!

I spent most of 2011 baking my little boy in my belly. It was a challenging pregnancy full of almost six months of all day sickness, bouts of bed rest, and lots of pain from a torn muscle in my side. But all ended well, with the arrival of this little guy on December 15, 2011.
















Welcome David Michael Ashcraft. 8 pounds, 5 ounces, and 21 inches long. Of course, he is three weeks now, so he is already bigger and growing way too fast!

In order to help document his first year of life, I have every intention of participating in Project Life this year. So far, I am on track, but it is time consuming, so I am hoping I can keep up. This project is geared toward documenting the every day. I think about how awesome it would be to have an album like this of my first year of life or my parents first year... or any year, and I can't help but be excited about what this will mean to our little guy when he grows up.

My plan of attack is to just keep shooting photos and try on the weekend to keep up on journaling. I am also planning on using the Monthly Roundup that Katie the Scrapbook Lady came up with. I figured even if I can get a monthly two page spread together using the roundup as a base, I will have a years worth of photos and memories documented in Project Life. So far, I have been able to keep it weekly (of course we are only one week in!), and I hope to keep it that way, but my goal has been a monthly spread, so if I end up finding weekly too overwhelming, at least I am not too disappointed to go back to my original plan.

So far I am doing a combo of paper and digital. I hate my handwriting so my journaling is all digital. But I plan to print everything, including photos and put them in the book with some paper and 3-D elements. Here is my week 1 spread. When I print the photos and actually get it into a book, I plan to round the corners, but in the mean time, at least the digi version is done!













I look forward to what other creative sparks will fly in 2012!

No comments: