Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Layout - Tough

With my new found obsession of Project Life app scrapping last year, I was very on top of weekly Project Life scrapping, but I realized I think I only made a total of 3 traditional layouts last year. And those were all about my childhood and had nothing to do with current life. So I realized with putting this story/how much I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the app and love that I have a weekly snapshot of life, but there is definitely a part of me that wants to hold all the pretty paper and decorative stuff and create with it. So I am hoping for a better balance this year. Even if it is just one layout a month, I think I can manage that!

This one couldn't wait, though. It was a story I wrote down several months ago that really needed it;s own page. And the Tough Story kit by Ali Edwards was the perfect title to start with. From there, it all just came together!

I have also been totally in love with the Felicity Jane subscriptions and this was my first ever layout using their paper. I love this paper so much, I am totally guilty of hoarding it! But another realization I came to recently is that the whole point of spending all this money on supplies is to actually have a finished product to show for it. More on that in a later post....

But of now, here is my recent layout. Super simple, using Felicity Jane Papers and some of their word elements from their October kit. The acrylic title is from Ali's Tough Kit and the little "the story" tab is from an Ali Edwards kit as well, though I am not exactly sure which one it came from.

I did blur a bit of the journaling because it is just too personal but it doesn't seem necessary to at least get the gist of the story itself (hopefully).

2 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

I love your layout---and the simplicity of it. I really like your focus on the story. Sort of reminds me of the "Simple Scrapbook" magazine years ago.

Lynney said...

Thanks Barbara! I loved Simple Scrapbook and find that I still enjoy the simple, clean layouts so much more than any other style as I flip through my albums.