Thursday, July 30, 2009

Some new treasures...

I bought a new camera a couple months back. It's a Canon 50D, the latest and greatest of the semi-affordable Canon SLR line. So I set everything up the way I wanted including shooting in RAW format, which basically gives you a raw image without a lot of the automatic image editing mumbo jumbo that most cameras will do with other image types. I took it to a Mother's Day family BBQ and was very excited about my new toy. Sadly, when I got home, I couldn't see the images. After a little research, I found I should have done more research earlier. The camera was too new for my version of Photoshop (CS2) and was not compatible in RAW format. It's rather ridiculous to me that the Photoshop upgrade we bought only a year and a half ago is now outdated and won't work with a new camera... anyhow....

At least the camera came with a conversion software and I was able to salvage the images. Since then I have had to shoot in jpeg, which is sort of disappointing, but it beats spending another several hundred dollars on software upgrades. In the mean time, I was so distracted with my loathing of the software industry, I forgot I was able to salvage the Mother's Day shots and came across them again the other day. So here are my few forgotten treasures...































































No comments: