Monday, November 2, 2009

Blogging fro the bloggily challenged

Ok, I know that's not a real term, and probably horrible grammer... but I must admit, my name is Lynne and I am blog challenged! I originally started this blog to document the every day. To use it as a tool to help with my scrapping since life gets really busy and I forget what happened this morning, let alone last month. But it's been a challenge to keep it updated.

I have been seeing it lately as a chore rather than a tool. So I joined a class called Blogging for Scrapbookers at Shimelle.com and I have already learned a lot on Day 1. I can't believe how much time I was wasting surfing from blog to blog for updates when Google has a great tool to do it for you! Ahhh, Google Reader, where have you been all my life?

So my quandary lately is .. to December Daily or not to December Daily? I did an album last year, like so...
















































This turned out to be my most favorite project that I have ever created... but alas... I wonder if it will get boring if I do it every year. Not much has changed. Except my job... and Jonathan's job... and our nieces and nephews are bigger... and I'll probably be taking a lot more holiday photos for other families this year... hmmmm...Boring, boring me.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I did a Christmas album two years ago and I'm getting the urge to do one again this year, might have to go for it! You KNOW it's worth it! Good luck from another bloggily challenged blogger!

helena said...

your December daily looks great. I approach this problem of getting bored by repitition by making a significant change - eg the size of the album or very different basics or concentrate on one aspect such as what people say. See you in class

Cate Brickell said...

if you're not sure about december daily, check out Shimelle's journal your christmas... she poses prompts about christmases past as well as present and future, and if nothing else, her prompts are always beautiful to look at! see you in class

Steph said...

I've done Shimelle's Christmas Journal 3 years now and each one is very different. They are great fun and a nice diversion from the craziness of the holiday season.

Sharyn said...

Great post! Good luck with Shimelle's class. Also, if you're not sure about a daily album, you could check out Shimelle's class or Jessica Sprague is doing a free one and registration just opened.

April said...

I've not done a december daily yet, but I keep telling myself I will. I think you may be surprised about how much has changed, or things you didn't write about last year that are still the same. Nonetheless, I don't think it's a project I'd do EVERy year either - maybe every other year or so . . . :-) smiles from class ~april

Elizabeth said...

I'm also in Shimelle's class and enjoyed your blog. I am doing Ali's December Daily this year. Already have the album made up and ready to fill. I wanted to do it last year but life got in the way. Your album is wonderful and looks like you had fun doing it.

Melanie Intiso said...

Perhaps a spin on the scrooge story...a book about Christmas past, present, and what you would like to see in the future. Just a thought.

P.S. You are far from boring! You have to have fun with what you are doing though..otherwise, like you said, it becomes a chore. Enjoy