Sunday, October 12, 2008

Design Your Life Sketch #2

Another assignment from Week 1 of Cathy Z's Design Your Life class. I'm running behind since we have a total of six sketches now, but I'm still proud I have accomplished anything! Especially since I spent Wednesday and Thursday night at Green Tangerines taking two AWESOME classes with Melody Langworthy!

Anyway, here's the layout I finished today. Again the concept is Symmetrical design. These are photos from my first impromptu photo studio in our small apartment in So Cal.















Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill; PP - Gina Cabrera (polka dots & gray script), Shabby Princess (ornate); Font - Batik Regular

The journaling reads: "When I first started getting into photography, Jonathan helped me build a mini-studio in the spare room of our apartment. Tonya was generous enough to offer to model for me right after it was all set up. I had lots of ideas but was not sure how comfortable she would be. She turned out to be a very easy model to work with. She took all of my direction and the photos turned out better than I even imagined. The photo on the top left ended up on display at the Orange County Fair the following year. I was very proud to see my work on display. I felt like a true artist. I will be forever grateful for that time I had to play and experiment in my little studio."

No comments: