Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Very Good Day!

I was dreading today. October 1st marks the beginning of Open Enrollment at work. I was the primary contact and had to adjust my schedule to be there from 8-5 so I could available to employees. It's just the beginning of many more of those types of days for the rest of this month.

Thankfully, it didn't get too busy. And everyone has been so incredibly nice, it's hard not to feel relieved. Quite different from anywhere else I have ever worked. But the real kickers are two fold...

First - I got an e-mail yesterday from someone who found me on Ancestry.com . She thought we might be related. Turns out we are (3rd cousins, once removed - I had to look that one up!) The awesome part is, she has a bunch of family photos! She sent some to me today. She can't confirm and is hoping someone in my family can, but she seems to think these people are my great great great grandparents!!























If it is truly them, these photos are from the 1850's! I love history and all the stories and connections. It's amazing to me that these could be my relatives.

BUT - here's the REAL kicker of the day. I got the following e-mail this afternoon:

"If your page titled *?* is still available, I would love to include it in Reader Gallery in the February 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes. I am attaching the form will all the details. Please let me know if you have any questions and of course let me know if it’s still available."

I went out on a limb and submitted a layout to Creating Keepsakes magazine two weeks ago and now I'm getting published! I can't say which layout it is, so you'll just have to pick up the February 2009 issue of CK Magazine and look for me!

So in the end, it turned out to be a MUCH better day then I could have ever imagined!

No comments: